HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Cheryl

Dear friends,

Can you please help me fast. Today I had my 3rd round of AC, which means in exactly four weeks I start Taxol, and I am trying with all my stength to get Herceptin added to my treatment. My oncologist told me today that I would not be eligible as she understands it because I am node negative. Kind of the same old "come back when you have a reoccurrence" thing. (Well I don't want to spend my daughters growing up years fighting reoccurrences and cancer thank you) ( My her/2 is 3+). She said that if I could find information about trials involving node negative women it would give her something to go on. One link I found on this board from a study done in London said that not only does HER2 present more aggressively and resistent to Chemo, but it also interferes with Hormone therapy as the HER2 and Estrogen Receptors "cross talk". I am scheduled for tamoxifin, but if the HER2 is going to interefere what is the promise in that?

Desperate in Minneapolis. I either need to provide her with good info (I see her again tomorrow) or find someone who will give me herceptin.

Please help!
Thanks