HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
Totainsgrl

I know I haven't written in a long while, but I just wanted to pass on to you that my mother passed away after her fight that began with a brain metastasis from her breast cancer in 2003. She had several complications post-surgery and her body just couldn't fight anymore. She put up a good long one, though. She was so determined. AFter her neurosurgery, a PET scan was done and found that the residual tumor was not cancerous. It begs the question as to what caused the tumor, what part was cancer and if it could have been chemo-related.

You all, again, are an amazing group. I hope you wouldn't mind me still posting now and again and talking to you. I am 26 (my mom had me late in life) and though my Dad is so strong, he and I are left with our grief that has become so overwhelming at times. I am the youngest and my siblings are all married so it feels like it was me, Mom and Dad agains the world and now Mom is gone. She was a huge source of positive thinking and strength. I wish she could have gotten on this website and talked to you all herself. She loved the internet! :)

I just need help understanding what my Mom could have gone through that she just didn't talk about. I have so many questions and I am in the search for answers. What is chemo like? How many oncologists should we visit if one diagnoses BC? Is that the onc we should stick with? How in control are you in your treatment? Can you demand different therapies and regimens? My sister is 48, and I look to her and worry if she could have it too. Since I was so involved with the doctors and diagnosis and surgeries, I feel I have more of an understanding than my sister and I want to help her if the need arises. I have to get educated. I want to get involved.

Love to you all,
Lindsey Hobbs
Totainsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote