HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Celina

Firstly, has anyone heard how Mary is doing? I keep thinking about her.

Secondly, I am travelling to Ottawa today so that I can be with my sister when she meets with rad. and onc. on Monday. I am printing off the posting from Joe regarding RSR13, in the event that she can do more WBR, but living in Canada I don't know how we could access that trial. Anyone know? I know that it must given prior to radiation, but I was wondering if anyone knew if one could receive it if they already had WBR?
Also, if they say that WBR and SRS are out of the question, I want to be able to ask about chemo. I can't recall the name of the chemo that is transmitted to the brain through a port. Mextra...something? I will check this site upon arrival to Ottawa.

My sister is feeling great these days. She hasn't had chemo since being pulled off Navelbine. (She will begin Xeloda once we get brain mets sorted). It is such a joy seeing her with the energy she needs to do some of things she enjoys. She's been visiting with friends, cooking, attending her boys' hockey games. She wasn't able to do that on Navelbine..the pain was too great. As always, she remains hopeful that she will be able to do radiation and live longer, until new drugs surface.

Thanks for all your support.

Celina