HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
Lyn

Hi, I have been having chemo since 1998, since then we have shifted areas 3 times and everthing was like one big happy family, NOW, our head nurse left 12 months ago because she felt she wasn't challenged giving chemo and went on to bone marrow transplant patients, since then she was not replaced but the next nurse in line who transferred to our unit has been doing her job ever since, so admin eventually decided to advertise the position as a matter of politics and of course our nurse Nancy applied, but they advertised again and she had to reapply again, she didn't get the position because of the extra paper work and they wanted someone with admin to bad about us and her a brilliant nurse, well of course Nancy resigned and went to work back with the first nurse, so then her position became available and same deal, so next long term nurse Chris resigned and went to join the others so now as it stands I have two long time nurses who remain on casual because they don't want the office politics and all brilliant nurses and have to train the new chief, that leaves the latest one who has only been there about 6 months and now the level 2 nurse, want to know where I am going with this, well this unit has always been like having a visit with good friends, we would just go to the unit pull up an arm chair and all chat even the nurses, exchanges comments like we do on the forum, if the room was full we would sit in the lunch room and pretty much have a tea party, WELL, I walked up to the unit to be fronted with this sign, "Please wait in reception area until you are called for your treatment" this was of course from the new chief, my reaction of course was, what't this! and the only familiar nurse said oh, that is when we are busy, yeah right, more like frightened of me, so I had to tell my onc I wasn't impressed, the beauty of this unit was that it did not seem like a clinical visit we are all friends and try to make it an enjoyable experience instead it is going to be like waiting to go into the dentist, having this disease is bad enough with out it becoming an unpleasant experience and we have the sense to know that if there are no chairs available we will go sit elsewhere, I have even had my chemo in the lunch room when they are busy, was our way of treating this exceptional, or should I just follow the rules. I am sure if this carries on we will just become a patient and not a person. How do the rest of you get treated?

Love & Hugs Lyn