HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Hope

Hi to all. Well I had Gema Knife on Friday. I was very nervous but procedure went well. I did have significant edema but they only found, thank God, that 2 centimenter brain lesion which was a recurrence on that exact same spot about 1 year ago. I did take an ativan but procedure wasn't that bad. I expected worse. However, I was having significant problems before Gamma Knife, lightneadness, equilibirum, balancing problems, headaches, fullness in my left ear area. Well, 5 days after the Gamma Knife, my symptoms are still the same, dizzy, ligntnedness and feel like I am very loppy. I don't know if maybe the decradron is contributing to this because I haven't had much sleep since I was put on this 1 week ago. I take 4 mg. in am and 4mg. in p.m. After tomorrow, neurosurgeon , said to start cutting back by 1/2 dosage every 5 days. I also started on the Xeloda so I don't know if that had anything to do with it also. Plus, I also take my Ativan for anxiety. But, I still feel sick and the same even after Gamma knife. I called neurosurgeon today to ask about this. I hope he calls and gives me reassurance that healing is taking place but that it will take time. Initially, he wanted to see me with a follow-up appointment in 3 weeks from surgery, but he may have to see me sooner. Please let me know, those of you who were experiencing any of my symptoms, how long it took for your symptoms to do away. My brain met is in the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle. Would appreciate from hearing if any of you had it in same area and what your symptoms were. Thank you. I appreciate any info you can give me. God bless you.