HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
StephN

Guess it is my turn to add to the knowledge base on this prodecure.

Up to this moment I am still unimpared in any way that I can tell (even from a 1-inch in diameter met behind my left ear). I have noticed my hubby watching me closely at times, such as when we sit at the table, eat and talk. He looks at me like a hawk trying to spot something, but can't see anything different.

We will check in to the Gamma Knife Center at 7 am. They will give me my Atavan as soon as I sign the papers. About 1/2 hour later the neurosurgeon will attach my "halo." I will be sent to the OMNISCAN for the "fine cut" MRI, which takes only 15 or so minutes with this snazzy new machine they have.
There will be two patients (all they do in one day) and depending who will have the longest time in the Gamma Ray Machine goes first. They say I will be out between 3 and 5, depending on my treamtent order.
It is the treatment planning and feeding info into the computer that takes the longest with the 4-5 person medical team all involved.

I have some comfortable burgundy velvet sweats that I plan to wear with a sports bra. I will not need to change. There is a private room for each patient, with TV, CD player (I have some nice healing-type music to take). Also microwave and little fridge. Guess I have to leave my kitty at home!
Hubby will have a good book with him (as will I) and I plan to send him outside the hospital for a walk at some point.

Mentally, I feel very ready for this, and with all the support from all of you at this site, have NO FEAR! (Like the window stickers I see on the young snowboarder/surfers cars!)

Will update in the next day or so.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote