HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
michelemd

Hello

I have Stage IV BC; went through Taxol/Carbo for 5 months, with Herceptin. The scans were CLEAR -- then, cancer came roaring back in neck, breast and now brain mets. Breast cancer does not seem to respond much to Taxotere or Gemzar -- I am waiting for date soon on CyberKnife for brain mets. (Whole brain has a lot of potential side effects -- read up on this!)

Neck mets seem to have responded to new chemo but the breast is getting horrible - my right breast is a scab and it spread to the left breast and starting to show on the skin.

Am not a candidate for surgery - the top breast surgeon in area says they'd have to take me off chemo for 30 days and do major reconstruction because of lack of skin as I am not fat.

I have a wonderful oncologist, but I think she is a bit too optimistic about my breast issue.

I THINK the Herceptin and Zometa are keepin it at bay in my bones, liver and most nodes -- but I think there must be different receptors in my breasts/neck.

I just read "Racing for a Cure" by Neil Ruzic -- he cured himself of mantle cell lymphoma with Celebrex, Ritucsan and a special custom vaccine.

I was told I dont qualify for any clinical trials.

I really need to do something SOON about the breasts -- I am concerned about too much toxic chemo in the long run.

Any suggestions?? I am taking all the dietary supplements I can think of.

This is a great board!!!

Michele