HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
Lyn

Well hello sister, you are not on your own, mine is back in the neck again also so I am acheduled for more radiation. From 1998 it hasn't let up and after all the juices we made up, I I couldn't look at another beetroot, definately has to be in a salad now. When mine came back after doing all the right things I decided when it came back the next time I would eat what I liked and I did needless to say with the steroids as well I looked like a beach ball. Mine has always come back in the neck glands and the skin a couple in the chest but all went with the Navelbine and Herceptin then this stubborn one came back again so now I still eat what I like but I am careful because no matter what I am determined to get my new boob and the complementary tummy tuck. There are a lot of people making a lot of money out of us poor souls and they don't have a consciense. For the last 5+ years I have been drinking Essiac tea, my dear dad used to make it up and he passed away last June and he still believed I was cured but I don't know what he thought when I used to visit him and mum after chemo, but I can't deny it helped my immune system, I wasn't about to find out, but now I take it when I feel like it. I too spent a fortune, with naturopaths, homeopaths health food shops, the best one I heard was when a hairdresser tried to tell me she had shampoo and conditioner at $70 a bottle and my hair wouldn't fall out, she was gobbed smacked when I explained that the chemo drugs worked from the inside out so it was not physically possible, don't know how much she sold after that but their is always one of us who will part with our money. So I guess over the last nearly 6 years many elements have tried to kill me including a heart attack in the beginning and heart failure just recently plus all the near misses on the high way, so I have made up my mind I am going to be around for a long long time because I think I have done enough penance and this cycle is about to end.

Love & Hugs