HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Jeff

This is my first post on the board. My wife has bone mets .Intionally dx.in Feb 03with mets..Set back in Feb 04 progression still just in the bones .Last MRI of brain Sept.03neg. .I feel doctors may have let us down before and would like to be efficient enough to not let it happen again.I would like any knowledge or advise you have that could beniefet my wifes life.
Here is some back ground .
Her initial report go something like this;Nov. 01lumpectomy
Invasive adenocarcinoma,
Histologic type ;ductal w/lobular features
Size of invasive componet at least 3.6cm,gross tumor size 1.3cm,in situ present with DCIS extending outside the invasive tumor mass at least 5cm , ,+ margians .8 nodes all –
Dec 01
Mastectomy,no residual invasive adenocarcinoma,size of in situ reported 6cm
ER+3 PR+2 Her2/neu amplified by FISH
4AC
rads
tamoxifen sept.02 to feb 03 ,reconstution during this time sept.
leg pain Dec.02
.Feb03 dx. mets.
More rads March 03
Change docs May 03
June 03 oomphorectomy,start femara herceptin.
Feb 04 start navelbine/herceptin
Right now Roben has extensive bone mets., and.Spread 1feb 03 L hip lower R&L rib area T spine T –4, 10 ,11.Spread 2 feb. 04 R hip R femur, T-8 in spine,rib area uptake

I question several things that were done in the past but my knowledge wasn’t vast then either.I don’t know if this protocol is the best for us now or is there something else there that should be brought to the doctors attention or ours. I feel so far behind in everything I’m trying to do for my love,.she is a 38 yr old mother of 2.

Blood test have shown a drop in platelet,and white blood cells since the start of navelbine.Her second round of it was postponed until self injections of neupegen brought up the last w/counts.Her plate are down from 135-145 range to 118 at last count.We go back again fri. for more meds?Test are suppose to be May 5 after a few more cycles .

Should alarms be going off . Does brain mets caught early improve your chances or does that matter at this stage and if so how often should she be tested.Ya’ll who battle this disease are true heroes of mine.
God bless you each and everyone.What might be other treatments options.
Thanks in advance for you imput.
Jeff