HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Rose

I'm sitting here not wondering what I should or should not be doing medically with my illness but feeling as if I am not doing nearly enough to support my kids and husband. My kids, a 10 and 14 year old are smart, sensitive and tough. My husband suffers from his own illness, severe depression. What about them? I feel as though I am failing them... they need help with this (all have support in therapists, etc.) but what about their needs? I believe that loving someone with cancer in some ways is much much harder than living it. Does this make sense? I'm tired, worried, fed up and sick of walking this tightrope. But, I suspect my kids and husband have to be feeling this, too. They don't have the luxury of a team of doctors to check things out. We all have each other on this board, but I'm afraid that there are lots and lots of people behind us that suffer in silence. Do any of you have suggestions about ways to help our families? I'm the 'strong one' in our family. What happens if I don't make it? This keeps me up some nights, believe me.

Sorry to vent. I'm just fed up!