|
Nikki -
I am an 8 year survivor and my goal is to see my grandchildren grow up and give me great grandchildren one day(and I will accept nothing less).I took some inspiration from Kathy's post and her 20 years survivorship. That is testimony that it can happen to all of us. I have had several recurrences (and to be honest I expect I will probably have more) but guess what, I have survived and am enjoying everyday to the fullest. Cancer does not mean a death sentence anymore. There are new discoveries everyday and there will be one out there just for you - My advice to you is to stay strong, be your own best advocate and keep your immune system strong. Listen to your body (you know it best) Our bodies need to be strong to fight this horrific battle and we need to help it along as much as we can - and that is mentally as well as physically.
Stay positive Nikki and remember you will hear a lot of different stories out there that may scare you (and we are all scared I am sure and that is a normal feeling) but you need to remember that you are a unique and special person and you WILL SURVIVE.
Good luck to you -
Irene
|