HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hi Ladies,

Just when I thought I had finally turned the corner and could see some light at the end of the tunnel I have been hit with another roadblock!! I got my ct. scan results on Monday and there are not any lung tumors but now I have multiple liver mets. I also have possible lymphangitic mets in the lungs but my oncologist said that can be reversed.

This news hit me so hard. I have been on oxygen for 3 months now and have been getting fluid drained from a catheter by a nurse that comes to my house every 2 days and things were just starting to look better......now this. My fluid has decreased from 1,000 cc (1 liter)to 450 cc. But, I'm still having shortness of breath which according to my nurse could just be from my lungs becoming desensitized to the amount of the fluid and now has to adjust, expand, etc. which takes some time. Of course it could also be from the lymph. spread.

I have been on navalbine and herceptin for the past two months and prior to that was on taxotere/carbo/herceptin for 7 months which knoocked out my lung mets but then 3 weeks later I had pleural effusions. I had the lung talc surgery on my left lung and am now draining the right with the catheter. I read it's unusual to have it on both sides....lucky me!!

I'm waiting to see if I can get into that GSW#### trial (her1). My onc. seems optimistic about it and is telling me he WILL find something to make me better. AMEN to that...I don't know how much more I can take.

I"M NOT GIVING UP!!! But, sometimes I feel paralyzed with fear. I hope this trial is going to do the trick for me. I'm a little scared though not being on any chemo. Of course no harsh side effects sounds great to me but I want the cancer knocked out too.

By the way, I asked about the RFA for the liver but my onc said since I have multiple spots it can't be done right now.

I really need everyone's prayers right now and if you have any advice for me that would help too. I know I can always count on my wonderful sisters!!

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.