HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
Ali b

I spoke to a 42yr old girl today,she's just finished tx with A/C and taxol,now going onto herceptin,she has liver met and bone mets,I told her of Barbara's success story ,she was so happy.she's not online yet and very scared.Can anyone tell me hopeful stories that I can pass to her?
I actually called her by mistake,thinking she was another michelle who'd attended our young women's group at Edinburgh,a bit embarrassing,but she was overjoyed to hear from me as I hadn't attended the meeting she'd been at,no one else was stage 4 at that meeting,but I have bone mets dx last Oct[but I'm her2neg so can't post here!]so she really felt we could connect .
BTW if anyone remembers my Big Swim,I swam 1.3 miles in open sea in Scotland and raised £2200[about $3500]to start a YWG in my local Dundee,it looks like this will get off the ground soon,I'm back in the sea this year on 26th Sept,many docs are doing it with me as I wrote of it in the Royal College of GPs magazine,they've asked me to write regularly!!
love Ali xxxxxx