HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
jessica

Hi All~
Jessica here...the fog of benadryl & chemo #3 has finally cleared, despite cutting the benadryl dose in half!I feel co-herent enough to post a question...please excuse typos...
For those of you who have had RFA, can you share your circumstances w/me?I'm having a difficult time finding anyone to RFAblate this single, 11mm spot in my liver. One surgeon says "Continue on the chemo, let it do its work.If it doesn't work, them biopsy the lesion and try a new chemo." My onc says,"8 weeks chemo, scan to see response, if it's working do MORE chemo, scan again, THEN if anything is left, RFA." I told her I wouldn't wait that long to see if the chemo is working, so she agreed to scan after my 4th tx.But,she still believes that even if the chemo is working, I should continue with MORE, then RFA only if there's disease left.
Isn't that backwards? If I'm back on chemo & we find out that it IS working, then doesn't that mean we have 2 good options for tx-chemo or RFA?And wouldn't it make more sense to do the more effecient of the two- RFA?
Help!I'm off to see a 3rd surgeon for a consult-tomorrow.Would love to know what the circumstances were for those of you who have had successful RFA.
Thanks so much for your help.
Keep the Faith!
Jessica