HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
michele u

Oh, the dreaded month of October for us all! Aren't we all AWARE of breast enough!! I know this month is good for teaching purposes, but goodness sakes, everywhere you look,breast cancer. Even in the magazines. I picked one up at the beauty shop today,(as i was dying my hair brown,with red and blonde highlight!) there was an article by a breast cancer gal that was 33. She started by saying " when you read this, iwill probably be dead!" How depressing! And she was. Why can't they put the article about the lady that is 10 years out from a horrible prognosis. They are out there. All they do is scare us, and everyone else for that matter!
On a lighter note, I want to post a good thing. I am flying to Chicago friday to meet Audrey from this board! She is my inspiration since she has the same kind i do and she went through the same trial as i. That's what we all need to do in October. Meet a friend from this board, call a friend that you've out of touch with, or just take a small trip with your loved ones. That's what october should mean to us--loving and being with people we love!!