HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
irishrelative

Relative with Breast cancer

Hi there,

Relative of mine diagnosed in June Her2+ and I think ER and PR+. The surgeon did a lumpectomy plus SNB. He said they found very minimal traces in 1 lymps node - from research do you think this means micromets?

She started chemo at the start of this month, will begin Herceptin after 4x of AC whilst on Taxol.

My question is she was given a CT scan yesterday. She believes this is before she starts Herceptin i.e. they want a good picture of the organs before Herceptin beings to look for an damage that will occur. She is also booked to have a MUGA later this month.

The surgeon, oncologist and radiology doc have all said that the operation was a success, that the margins were clear 1.3cm tumour was what she had and that anything now is preventative.

As she's had a CT scan we are worried it might have spread elsewhere. Would the doctors have known this from the blood tests they did. No one ever mentioned mets to her but she is slightly concerned.

Also at the time she thougth they said she was stage 3 but looking online I don't think she can be...1.3cm 1 trace in nodes to me puts her at 2. Perhaps they said Grade 3 or else maybe the HER2 is+++.

So much information online. She has appointment with oncologist later in month to see how she is getting on with chemo, but it's a bit of a wait. She is petrified of mets.
irishrelative is offline   Reply With Quote