HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
Laurel
Senior Member
 
Laurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hershey, PA. Live The Sweet Life!
Posts: 2,005
Re: Newly diagnosed BC -needs encouraging words

Welcome, G. Angel,

I am sorry you are joining us in the battle against Her2 positive breast cancer, however the bright side of the unfortunate diagnosis is this online support group. May I suggest spending some time using the "Search" feature to find threads that will serve to be informative and reassuring.

As for the tightness from the lymph node dissection and the mastectomy, having only had 5 nodes removed I cannot speak to your question from experience. I am sure others will chime in with their experiences so hang tight. For me the mastectomy was not particularly limiting and healed well. That arm is still a bit 'tighter" than the other, and I continue to do stretching exercises which have become a habit that I do not even think about any longer.

Good luck with your chemo. It isn't fun, but goes by quickly. Hang with us. We will see you through it!
__________________

Smile On!
Laurel


Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter