HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
'lizbeth

Re: The Pink-tober Madness begins!

I was looking at the charities and some CEO make $650,000 when another makes $113,000. Some have huge amounts that go into fundraising - my local Relay for Life paid over 10% of donations, about $25,000.

Some of the Pink products is a scam, some limit the contribution to the first 500 sold, etc.

I used to like pink, but now I roll my eyes at the fuss.

As a former accounting manager - I want us all to get the most bang for our donation. I'm asking how much really goes to research? More importantly I've been nosing around looking to see: What is the research being supported?

If anyone has seen a listing of the different research supported by the breast cancer charities, I would like to see it.

NEDenise, I had posted a link to a government program in the US that showed how women can get free mammograms. So if you know of anyone who is procrastinating because of cost, I can look for that agency again.

This is why I feel the Pinks are failing in their message. Where are the tv or internet ads that say You Need a Mammogram, and here is how to get one. Nope, I only see the fundraising ads.

With many of you stage IV survivors going from treatment to treatment, I'd like to see more bang for the buck with cancer donations. Was it Revlon that funded Herceptin on behalf of Slamon? Now that was a good return on investment.

We are all in agreement. A cure needs to be found.

I'll let you all enjoy the pink - I'm sticking to blue!
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote