HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Paula O

Tamoxifen Side Effects

Good mornin'!

Anybody else getting massive leg cramps on Tamoxefen? Mine come mostly but not exclusively at night while sleeping and last night was the worst--they were horrendous and from thighs down to calves over and over. Hope nothing like the cramps that hit me last night ever return again while I'm driving or in a public place, or swimming in the ocean ! Yikesaroozie. Guess I'll have to be extra careful next time I go tightrope walking from skyscraper to sky scraper. JK.

When I asked the nurse about the leg cramps at the oncologist's office about 6 months ago she said they had nothing to do with Tamoxifen but I met up with another lady on Tamoxifen who had them too. The pharmacist I asked said it's possibly related. I walk them out when they happen but would like to nip those bad dudes in the bud and work on prevention and elimination if I can. My electrolytes were fine last checked so i don't hink that's the problem. Anybody have them/know what to do about them? I've heard of an old time treatment of OTC quinine for cramps--anybody tried that? I'm already on calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D3 for osteopenia that came after chemo.

How about the endometrial thickening aspect attriibuted by Tamoxifen? If you have/had it, did the Dr just keep an eye on it or want to do a hysterectomy or what? I have a past history of minor uterine dysplasia and a complex ovarian cyst my GYN doc has been watching a couple of years. I wonder if hormonal imbalance evidenced by the dysfunctional uterine bleeding I had years ago made me more suseptible to breast cancer. The cyst was gone on the ultrasound this time but my uterine lining thicker than ideal. I'm having a hysteroscopy/endometrial biopsy next week. I hate taking a drug that can give me blood clots and uterine cancer but we all do what we gotta do to prevent reoccurence, and the risk iof Tamoxifen is supposedly low. I'm 54 and was premenopausal before diagnosed with breast cancer almost two years ago.

Thanks for any input,

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote