HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Rich66

Off topic..kinda. (YMMV)

Not completely sure whether this is applicable to women but....

After reading of estrogenic effects of coffee (reg or decaf) and mom agreeing to give it up, I have been doing the caffeine..decaf dance with this beverage for some time.
Anyways..
I have always had difficulty maintaining a moderate level of consumption with the caffeinated version. I kept falling into drinking it with a "crisis" requiring going without sleep etc. and finding a little was good and it eventually required more to keep up the effect. Then sleep would suffer and I would tend to get more colds etc.
Anyways..I like to run and have had various issues with my knees on a seemingly inconsistent basis.
Bottom line:
After examining consumption patterns and trying different supplements to combat joint issues, I have come to the conclusion that coffee of any sort makes my joints flare up.
I am not taking any meds to speak of so it seems pretty clear to me at this point.
My mom, after years of stiffness attributed to Arimidex, seemed to get so much better after eliminating coffee in addition to various anti inflammatory supplements.
Due to expense of her regimen, I take a generic basic "joint formula" glucosomine, boswellia etc. But that was not enough when on the coffee train.
I love the taste of coffee and hate to say gooodbye but.. I have been enjoying a spurt of really warm weather..running every day and not having any of the joint issues I was chalking up to age (45) etc.
Regarding caffeine, first 3 days or so were crappy..but eventually I felt much more normal and less prone to irritation etc.
My $.02
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote