HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
MCS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 430
Re: Any advice for Hot Flashes after chemo?

Thank you Rhondalea,

I know of phytoestrogenic hebs: don quai, balck cohosh, gingko,ginseng,red clover and now macafem.
have also herd of DHEA but a woman I know went through a lot with it so she discontinued it.
Then there's testoterone cream and damiana, which don't have estrogen but have other problems
Like I said, I am er- but I am not taking any chances at all.

I am doing Replens and another product from KY called Liquibeads that look like giant vitamin e capsules. These keep me moist but it does nothing for the vagina atrophy and libido either. I do get very mild hot flashes yet once a month and I mark them on a calendar to keep track when they occur-about every 4 weeks, like a regular period or ovulation, so I can tell I still have a limited estrogen in my body.
I've had an endometrial ablation before bc, then i had ovaries removed after bc and have a dble mastectomy
so the search goes on.
we really need doctors that take a copmprehensive view at the disease and not just the medical part
Thank you for the info on macafem and your quick response. That little boy is adorable

xoxo
maria (mcs)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter