HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
spanisheyes

Unhappy no confidence in onc or radiologist

Hi everyone, I usually just read on this wonderful forum and it has kept me sane the last year but I am so angry with everyone I just had to vent.
I saw my onc for checks after finishing last herceptin in June and got results from mammogram. He said that there are some new microcalcifications which are linear (dont really know what that means) but he said I shouldn't worry too much about them. I then asked him what about the 0.8mm tumour that was left in my breast after surgery? he didn't have an answer for me and just said that I must have confidence in the radiologist! I reminded him that I was supposed to have that lump checked on ultrasound every six months and he looked at me as though I was mad. He said that the radiologist didnt think that was necessary and nothing showed up on mammogram. It never does, I had 3 malignant IDC which never showed on mammo at all only on mri. So now I am really worried and confused by all this. New calcifications and the remaining lump just being ignored. I do have very dense breasts and assumed that I would receive ultrasounds as well as mammos but not to be! I am now very tempted to go private and have an ultrasound but really cant afford to do this. My onc also refused to have my cath-port removed, he said I should keep it for at least another six months because it was very expensive.
second surgery clean margins
Benign tumour in right breast not surgically removed because they couldn't find it at the time!
TCH x6 with Herceptin in June 2010
36 rads both breasts October 2010
January 2011 finished rads and started Femara
Brain MRI clear
Ultrasound on benign tumour no change
Finished Herceptin June 2011
Mammogram June 2011 results-new calcifications linear in ducts, birads 3 6month follow up. change to aromasin due to trigger thumbs
mammo Dec 2011 no change in calcs
MRI on spine, 3 herniated disks phew!!!!
Jan 2013 All tests clear!
Denise

Last edited by spanisheyes; 07-02-2011 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: forgot to add
spanisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote