HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #21
PatE

Re: Devasted. Bad news.

Hi,
I had my liver and L2 spine treated with Cyberknife. Liver treated 3 years ago in August, liver is clear. My spine was treated May of last year, all was fine but my last pet scan (May) was questionable as to whether the area might be lighting up again. The Radiologist who reads the scans for the Onc's office thought it was returning but my Rad Onc (2 of them) thought the scans looked fine probably residual scaring. I have another pet scheduled for July 19th.
I can't say enough good things about Cyberknife, I have had very mild side effects maybe some fatigue.
Please know that bone mets like other areas can be dealt with its just a matter of finding what works for you. Seek out a Cyberknife Rad Onc to help you as most doctors don't know much about the the system and surgeons will rarely recommend it because if they don't cut they don't get paid (sorry but that is my opinion). Many Oncs also have financial interest in radiation therapy offices so they also may not be as quick to refer to Cyberknife. Stanford is excellent, the previous poster is correct that the technology was developed there. I fully expected that one day in the near future Cyberknife will be the gold standard for treating many different cancers including breast (in trials now). Hope I didn't offend anyone but this is truly my thoughts.
Sending you many hugs, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
PatE is offline   Reply With Quote