HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
Kavy

Brain MRI results after Xknife

Hi, everyone,
Not so good news. The tumors in my brain grew, specially the 2.8cm in the cerebellum, now it is 3.5cm, and 2 small new ones.
The radiation oncologist wants me to do WBR, but I'm terrified, because of all I read, and also because I'm already very tired. I want to do Xknife again, but he said he would be doing me no good. He thinks if I do Xknife, in 2 months there will be more mets in my brain.
I'm worried about the cerebellum tumor though, because I feel off balance again and my writing is getting worse. The radiation oncologist said the growth can be due to radiation, but if it is real growth, the WBR would wipe out any residual tumor.
I wonder if I should do Xknife again for the 2 small tumors, and wait 2 months to see if the next MRI shows growth in the cerebellum, or 2 months is too long to wait, and I should have WBR now. I do not know what to do, and I need to decide by this week. I would like some advice from you all.
I also want to let you know that I entered the Halaven club. I just started Halaven/Herceptin for my lung mets because of progression, before I was on herceptin/Tykerb for a year. First week I had Herceptin/Halaven, second week just Halaven, this week is my week off. Side effects so far: I feel very tired,but I was already feeling very tired before halaven, no nausea (no nausea medication, when I feel mild nausea, I eat something, and I'm fine), it seems neuropathy is getting worse, thinning of the hair. One thing I noticed is that I'm coughing more since I started the new drug.
Have you all a great week.
Hugs,
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote