HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
KirisMum

Pericarditis

Kiri had an excruciating attack of breathlessness and chest pain while she was driving (in the middle of moving house) a few days after Christmas. She's been in and out of Dana Farber on a daily basis since, taking test after test (u/s, xrays, EKG, aortic MRI, bloodwork,echocardiagram, you name it) in order to rule out the more critical possibilities--pulmonary embolism and aortic dissection primarily. They are 80% sure (where do they get these statistics??) that it's pericarditis and are doing another echocardiagram and u/s today to try to confirm it. Kiri's la-la response to this is "it's common with cancer." No, it is not metastasis, and from what I can determine, it can be a side effect, albeit rare, of both taxol and lapatinib, which is the chemo combo she's on. I guess I just want more precise information, not her area of choice when it comes to cancer. ;-) Her onco says it could last anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months, at least that's how my husband remembered his conversation with K yesterday. Has anyone else heard of this?
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote