HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Unregistered

Heat Shock Therapy 90

Hi I am unregistered but it is Shonda Gaylord.. I am looking for any information you guys may have regarding heat shock therapy 90. I was presented with this trial today as an option and I am researching it. It was an unexpected change in treatment so I was completely unprepared for my visit today and caught off guard so what did I do? I cried for lack of anything else to do. I was confused and scared. I had just received my scan reports on Tuesday this week, and all bone mets appear to be "stable" with some possible healing, but there are lytic lesion which is activity. My tumor marker is not dropping. In fact it has slightly increased so she thinks I have gotten all the benefit from taxol I am going to get. So.... lets see, since January '09, I have recieved 5 months or a little less of navelbine - started Xeloda for 2 days - took a month holiday while I moved, - and then I will have done 5 months of taxol when we stop it. Does this sound right for an almost 4 yr survivor of metastic disease? She did tell me the longer I am on any chemo the shorter they time they will work before changing a while back. She is also wanting me to start a trial of 4 injections for anemia which has had some really good results in bone disease, but my HGB is 11.1 and it has to be under 11 to qualify. I have been as low as 8 in the past, but asymptamatic. I have been on taxol in the past for a year weekly and now 5 months weekly. I am almost addicted to it because I do so WELL on it w/ no to speak of side effects so I hate to leave it behind. ANyway if anyone could tell me anything anout HEAT SHOCK i would appreciate it.

Thanks so much
Shonda