HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Chelee

Update on Maryann/Newcomers board...

Hi all, I thought you would all like to know a friend of Maryann's posted a message to update us all. She isn't familar with this board yet so I thought I'd post on this forum to make sure everyone got to see it. I hope nobody minds.

Chelee
--------------------------------------------------------------
LizDT

Hi, I am Long Island's Maryan D's friend
Hello all,
Maryann D from LI asked me to update all of you about her new fight(s) against the beast. As you may remember Maryann was diagnosed with IBC in 2000, went into remission, had liver and lung mets two years later, then developed AML from all the chemo. She had a stem cell transplant, has had graft vs host of liver, iron overload and now needs new hip joints because the steriods taken for all other problems have caused her hips to fall apart causing severe pain and an inablilty to walk. But our Maryann fights on.
She has been in the hospital on and off since early June. Latest MRI shows a "very small spot" on her brain. She will have a repeat MRI in just about three weeks. If the spot is still there she will have static rads (one zap). She wants all of you to know she is ready for this fight. She has asked for prayers and positive thoughts.
I am not very good at navigating this site, but if you want to get in touch with me, I will e mail you my address, so you can get messages to our dear Maryann, Forgot to say, she does not have a 'puter in hospital.
Oh, newbies, I am a ten year survivor of the beast, 19/20 postive nodes, given maybe 18 months to live. I have seen my daughter graduate hs and both kids graduate from college. Don't believe the doctors, believe in the Great Spirits and yourself...... Life is good,
Liz DT, fom Long Island
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote