HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
DarleneM

Chemo delayed....Chemo done!!

Hi everyone,
Last week was quite the week. I went into the hospital on Tuesday to get my last TC treatment and ended up with only premeds and in the ER! How did that happen? Therein lies the tale... That morning I was tired, had some heart palpitations, and was a little heavy on my chest. I wasn't really too worried about it, I had had a tiring weekend. Anyway, I mentioned the heaviness to the nurse who was prepping me and she had to call the doctor. Had I known that, I would maybe have kept my mouth shut. I guess you learn when to talk and when to stay quite. So they had to wait to hear back from the doc before proceeding. Finally, after an EKG and a talk with the doctor they proceeded with my premeds. I was just going to get some rest when I started feeling strange, maybe a little chilled and then my heart started racing. It was up at 120 beats a min. for a bit and then slowed down. They decided to ship me down to ER to get checked out. They did some more tests, my heart did one more racing stunt and then they sent me home with a heart moniter. The tests all checked out with little worry so my onc. decided to go ahead with the chemo on Friday.
About the same time into the premeds I had a similar reaction again. My heart sped up and this time I shook uncontrollably for about 5 min. We think now that this was a reaction to the Decadron. Either that or the Zofran. Anyway, they allowed me to proceed with the chemo then and everything was fine. And now I am happy to be done! I'm still in the hole, nauseated and such, but hopefully will soon be feeling good again.
I am thankful to God for His protecting care and getting me through this scary week.
Trusting in Him,
Darlene
Actual tumor 4-5 cm, positive margins. Nodes negative.
4-7-09 Re-excision, more positive margins
4-21-09 Right Mastectomy
5-18-09 TCH every 3 weeks
7-24-09 Chemo finished, continue Herceptin
12-8-09 PET Scan - NED!!
Jan.2010 8 months Herceptin done
No rads
DarleneM is offline   Reply With Quote