HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #11
Karen Wheel
Senior Member
 
Karen Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sardegna, Italy
Posts: 362
Cool Herceptin costs

WOW! I'm really in the dark. I'm American but living in Italy - and I have to say "socialized" health care is the way to go.
I have paid nothing for all my surgery, care and treatments (chemo, Herceptin, and now doing radiation) --- and now I realize just how lucky I am! WOW! At 7K per treatment - I've already had 5 --- thats 35K! It seems very amazing to me how much MONEY there is in cancer ... no wonder they haven't found a real CURE! Unbelieveable - and so flipping sad all in one breath --- why would these drug companies want to really find a cure - when they can take this much money from the system (or our pockets) to try to fight it. This is a very interesting topic (I think)!

Okay, I got side tracked there with my rant! :-)

One more question I have is that my doctors here have said I should take Herceptin for a year --- once every 21 days - and I think I understand from starting reading here on the site in the US - they give this treatment longer than a year??? What are your doctors telling you in the US?
Thanks! Karen
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter