HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
rinaina

Smile 3 years cancer free

April 19 2009 will mark my 3 years since having surgery for her2 breast cancer. Time definitely has a way of rapidly marching forward. I count my blessings daily. I have had 4 surgeries, not all breast cancer related, in the last 6 years and yet I am here to say, I am doing quite well. I made a decision years ago after my first surgery to always pick myself up and keep going and so far I have been able to do just that thank goodness. I haven't been very active this past year but I have peeked in every now and then. I was sorry to hear about Donna's passing. It is always difficult to hear about the loss of another Her2 sister. I have been well but lately dealing with a torn rotator cuff. Always something. This too shall pass. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays. I recently met a newly diagnosed her2 patient who knew nothing of this site. I wish there was a way to get info about this forum out to more doctors so they in turn could refer patients to it for support. I don't know what I would have done without it and all of you when I was in such great need of info and support back in 2006. I will never forget all the help, support and outpouring of love from everyone here. So as I celebrate my 3 year cancerversary, let me take this moment to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all you beautiful and wonderful sisters. Good health to all.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote