HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Laurel
Senior Member
 
Laurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hershey, PA. Live The Sweet Life!
Posts: 2,005
Robin,

I homeschooled for several years. My oldest has graduated, my middle one went back to school for socialization and is now a junior, and my youngest still homeschools through PaCyber, an online interactive classroom. He says he is going to go to school next year. I am torn about that, but I think he needs the socialization.

We lost ground last year during my treatment, so that is why we are doing the interactive classes this year. I thought it would be a good transition for him to have teachers with assignments and deadlines to prepare for public school next year.

Do you have a cyber school in your region? You can go through Lincoln interactive. I have found this a great relief for me. I work as a real estate agent in addition to trying to school my son. Frankly, being too busy and stressed isn't good for our immune systems! There! How's that for rationalizing?
__________________

Smile On!
Laurel


Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter