HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
jml

100th Chemo infusion today...

Yes, really... 100!!
I don't know if this is something to "celebrate" per se, but it's definitely a significant event that deserves to be acknowledged!
I've ordered a GIANT cake with "100" on it to bring to infusion center to share w/the nurses & staff. Some might find that a little odd, but what I found "odd" was the other day when they were singing & clapping to another patient who finishing up treatment & having her last dose of chemo...and that was #6 for her!
Now, as a (almost)7 yr Stage IV'er, I know there may never be a "last dose" for me, but don't I deserve a song too when I get my 100th dose?
Many have asked if I've ever heard of anyone having so much chemo...Truth be told, I don't know, nor do I want to know!
1dose, 10 doses or 100 doses, we do what we have to survive, endure & thrive in the face of this disease!
I have much to celebrate - the return of NED, my 100th dose w/only 5 more to go, then back to Herceptin solo. (hmm...don't even know how many rounds of Herceptin I've had...certainly 100+, but who's counting?) and all of you!

Keep the Faith, ladies (& gents)~
We are changing the face of the Stage IV Survivor!
jml is offline   Reply With Quote