HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
Lida

SCARY TIMES! Doxil vs. Herceptin,Taxatere, & Carbo

I want to wish all of you a good Thanksgiving and send wishes to you for the best of health in the coming year.
This Thanksgiving has been the WORST time for me. (fighting several yrs) On Herceptin/Gemzar , my CEA just tripled in a month, my liver enzymes are still elevated (except bilirubin), and I get intermitent nausea, even 7 days past Gemzar!

It is SCARY because I need a powerful treatment with fast results! I am comparing 2 options. I am looking at Doxil as I never had it. It is synergistic with Herceptin, and a small study says it is pretty safe with Herceptin. Anyone else have Doxil with Herceptin? Anyone like the Doxil option? I am also looking at Herceptin, Taxatere (I had upon diagnosis of stage iv) with Carboplatinum. (I would not choose Taxol as I already have used it to the maximum which was 3 times!) Anyone like this option?

Has anyone had the Top2a test?

I think you are a group of smart, strong women and I respect your opinions and love the comaradarie of this group. Hoping to hear from my her2 friends in my time of need! Lida
Lida is offline   Reply With Quote