HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Bill

Smile Unforeseen Benefits to Hairlessness

Hi Gang! Please don't think I'm trying to make light of one's losing their what hair due to chemotherapy. I'm not. I know how women feel about their hair. Right now the "common-sense-Bill" is saying, 'what the heck are you doing, you idiot?' The other "what- exactly- is -common- sense -again? -Bill " is perched on the other shoulder, egging me on. Ok, I've faltered again. A year ago, I shaved my head as a show of solidarity for my wife, Nicola, and since then, I've sorta kept the style, and discovered some benefits to being without hair. I will list them, willy-nilly, and if y'all can add to the list, please do so. I save money on haircuts, shampoo, conditioner. Less time in the shower, lower water bills, and water heating costs, no blow drying, lower electric bills. People get out of my way when I walk through a store and never engage me with idle chatter. I don't have have to constantly adjust my hats due to hair growth, they all fit just right, everytime. I don't have to buy Drano anymore or fall asleep in a barber's chair, it's great. My dandruff is cured. I never have some random girl at the super-market running their hands through my hair outta nowhere and creating a scene. Actually, I didn't want to make this post, but some people pretty high up told me to. Love ya, Bill