HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Lien
Senior Member
 
Lien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Haarlem, the Netherlands
Posts: 835
Colds

I know the feeling: for the first year or two, every and any symptom made me feel I had cancer. It gets better over time, but it never quite goes away. Or it didn't for me, and I'm 4 years, 10 months out from diagnosis.

My rads tech told me that it can take up to a year to bounce back from surgery and rads. Your whole system is affected. I remember trying to play soccer with my boys, and being outrun by my then 73 year old father, who has a heart condition, joint problems, diabetes and who is a prostate cancer survivor. Not very encouraging.

I used to get colds too. Now all I get is an allergic reaction. ;-( Those virusses are mean; they grab you when you are low. Miserable creatures. But you'll get them in the end. Take it one step at the time. I try to remember that it's better to worry about colds than to worry about a recurrence. This doesn't always work, but hey, I'm only human.

Now cuddle up in a corner with a cup of tea, a good book and allow yourself to feel sorry for yourself for half an hour. See if you can keep it up that long. It always helped me to realize that I couldn't manage to do that for more than 15 minutes or so.

Hugs

Jacqueline
__________________
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter