HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
John21

Smile Finally!

Hi All,

Well, after 6 months of torment for my wife, we are are on the upswing. She has been battling effects from mets to the sacrum this year. Our previuos oncologist( yes he's gone!) did not take the care necessary as you all know we tend to be to faithful sometimes. His poor efforts to diagnose the problems and the pushing of more pain meds has caused my wife maybe irreputable damage to her right leg and foot. I think they see a stage IV patient and sometime do not go the extra effort. She has been living well for 5 years up to this point and for the most part stable. The mets in her back just starting impidging on her S! nerve(still trying to determine the exact locations.

Good News,

We found a new oncologist. She is great. She calls us back directly, responds to our emails in a day, and CARES! She diagnosed the name of the problem in two days. Cauda Equina SYndrome. We had radiation on the sacral area and the pain is going away, Kathy is in higher spirits, she is sleeping all night and overall better 1000%. The new onc has scheduled a slew of people to see from Neurologists( who think they might help with the foot drop paralysis), Bladder doctors and, new mris. IIn a matter of a couple weeks this has been accomplished. Oh, by the way, she also eliminated Carinoma Menigitis - Big news - good

Our new Oncologists is switching Kathy from maintenance Herceptin to Tykerb and Xoleda. Can anyone relate side effects for these. Today she is having headaches and a little dizziness.

Just to express my happiness!

John _ Husband and caregiver
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote