HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
CristlC

Taxol/Herceptin without AC?

My question is whether anyone here has taken a regimen of Taxol/Herceptin without AC?

My quick story... had a bi-lateral mastectomy on 9/16/08 (6 wks ago) for extensive DCIS in my left breast. I opted to take both. During that pathology my nodes came back clear but they found a small tumor of IDC (.4cm). Also, I am PR/ER+ and HER2+++. So my Onc (Baylor) is recommending Taxol/Herceptin for 12 weeks weekly and then Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year.

In trying to research this I can't find others that have done this without doing the AC first. I know he was taking into account alot of things and personalizing a regimen which I appreciate. However, I want to make sure I do what I need to do to get this over with. I know he is taking into account, my age, my small tumor size, no node involvment, etc.

I went to MD Anderson here in Houston for a 2nd opinion and they recommended the norm - AC every 4 weeks for 12 weeks followed by weekly Taxol/Herceptin for 12 weeks and finish the Herceptin for a year. However, I felt like they had their protocol and this is what it is.. I truly "feel" better over at Baylor with the Onc who is a world renound doc in this field and his nurse practitioner is wonderful.

Today I have an appt at Baylor to ask him about all this. Does anyone have any advice? I would also love to find someone else that underwent Taxol/Herceptin without the AC first.

Thanks for listening, Cristl
CristlC is offline   Reply With Quote