HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2008, 09:52 AM   #21
Gerri

Becky,

Your posts are always so well thought out and informative. You are so right when you say that this disease makes us all so vulnerable. While it is true that there are those on this board facing far more than many of us, I appreciate the sharing of all experiences, as “trivial” as they may seem - nothing with this disease is to be taken lightly. The fears and uncertainties are something we all share. By posting about the “little things” we all pick up tips of how to deal with fighting this disease, and more importantly we see that we are not alone in this battle. We learn what to look for and what to demand from our doctors, and we are reminded that as much as we wish our doctors had super powers, they are really just like us – human beings and as such can and do make errors.

You have once again caused me to rethink my follow up treatment plan, and I thank you for that. In my original reply to you I stated that I do not see my rad onc. What I didn’t say is that I saw him regularly for the first year and a half and it was then that he gave me the choice to continue or not. I must confess it was the constant doctor appointments that made me decide to stop seeing him. Looking back, his breast exams were quite thorough, and for that reason I am now considering adding him back in – thanks for the kick in the butt (unintentional I am sure) on that one.

I also alternate mammos and MRIs every six months. I have an MRI coming up in October and I am already dreading it. It takes every ounce of mental strength I have to last the forty five minutes in that tube! I think I will start looking around to see if I can find the Dilon somewhere within driving distance – New York is a bit far from California .

We really are all in this together and the support we give to each other is invaluable. Thanks again Becky for your constant presence on this board. I always appreciate your posts and gain so much from your insight.

Much love,
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault

Last edited by Gerri; 08-31-2008 at 10:25 AM..
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote