HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
PaigeHicks

When can I get married?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I'm 31 and was diagnosed in March. Triple +, 2.4 cm, no lymph node involvement. I had a mastectomy 4/30 and started chemo on 5/29. I had been looking pretty good considering my ordeal until recently when I started Taxol and Herceptin. I just lost my eye brows and eye lashes. I also gained 15lbs and look really swollen. I really do not look like myself. Prior to being diagnosed I was suppose to get married in August but I had to cancel the wedding. I'm thinking about rescheduling it for August 2009 but want to look like my normal self! My chemo ends the last week of October 2008 so it would be 10 months after my last chemo. Although, I will receive Herceptin until the beginning of August 2009. I was thinking about rescheduling the wedding to the end of August 2009. I have a great, very expensive wig my friends bought me that I was going to wear for the wedding. It's 100% hand tied so I could actually wear the wig in an "up do." But I'm nervous about my eye brows, lashes and puffy body/face. I just wanted some help on figuring out when I should reschedule the wedding! Any insight would be helpful! I just want to be a pretty bride! Kinda dumb, I know, but I always dreamed about my wedding being perfect.
PaigeHicks is offline   Reply With Quote