HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Julie2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 556
What is good for metastatic decease?- being agressive or not

I just want to get some opinions about how to manage the metastatic desease. What increases the longevity? being aggressive or keeping the options for later and managing with minimal or no chemo?
I came to know many people on this board who managed their metastatic desease with just Herceptin or someother form of non-chemo options even when they have lot of desease. I am really amazed at their courage for not getting panicked and remain calm in such a stressful period.
On the other hand many people have succefully used aggressive chemo and remained NED. I guess each one's tumor biology is different but in general I am interested if anybody has any opinions form their's or others experiences.

I am currently on Navelbine and Herceptin for my mediastinal nodes and scan is coming up in three weeks.

Thanks,
Julie
__________________
Diagnosed in Sept 2004 while pregnant with the second child. Stage 3b, tumor 4.5cm, 4 auxillary and supraclav node positive. Her2+++ FISH 9.4 and er-,pr-.
Had dose dense neoadjuvant AC,Taxol then mastectomy,radiation+xeloda+Herceptin.

Last edited by Julie2; 08-14-2008 at 07:40 PM..
Julie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter