HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
TriciaK

good news!

I signed on just now to share my good news, and the first thing I read was Stephanie's post about Lolly, and then her second post about her grandson's graduation. What bitter-sweet emotions! We seem to run the gamut here! Lolly will be so sadly missed. When I first logged on Lolly was one of the old-timers, now I suppose I am one of the "Oldest Old-timers." I have not been posting much but have been lurking quite often. Some of you who are newer may not know me.
My good news is that the results today of my 6-month check up show that I am once again NED---and I am dancing! This year marks 23 years since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, and it is 4 years this month since my last and third diagnosis of mets, this time her2 +. After 6 months on navelbine and 15 months on herceptin, I was and still am NED, and of course my family and I are elated. You may remember that I had had BC in 1985, then spine mets in 1990. I was on tamoxifen for 5 years and in remission for 10 more. After that 15 years I stopped thinking about further mets, until a heart attack in June of 2004 saved my life. Because of it the her2 mets were discovered. The herceptin did cause more heart damage and I had a triple bypass in 2006. I still have cardiomyopathy and congestive heart problem, but no cancer, for which I am most grateful. ANd for those who don't know or don't remember, I will be 79 in December. So hang in there, fellow warriors! I love you all and pray for you! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote