HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
chrisy

Smile But on a more serious note...

Lee and others, you are right, and I know you're right. Having a bump in the road send you off the cliff is, while understandable, not always a good thing! I do find that I feel better after having blown off some of that stress, but I would probably feel even BETTER if I did it in a different way, or under different circumstances.

It's totally not about having to wait another week to be treated! Just like a few months ago, it wasn't really about getting a bad haircut...

By definition, I'd say I have a fair amount of stress in my life dealing with an incurable disease. It's a tough dance for sure, trying to strike the right balance between acceptance and a healthy denial. Refusing to let it get the best of me by trying to maintain a certain sense of normalcy in my life. Trying to maintain a sense of control over what I CAN control (or think I can!). And forgetting that some things just need to be surrendered.

At it's core, my frustration is that I'd really just as soon NOT have cancer. It sucks and I hate it. Oh, and did I mention I HATE IT????

I think, tho, that it would be much more healthy for me if I was better able to experience all those emotions in a more appropriate way - like crying in the shower on alternate Thursdays instead of melting down at random. Ah, there I go again, trying to be a control freak!

Lee, I do have access to counseling for people living with cancer; and I think that's a good recommendation for me at this point.

Thanks for your thoughtful responses, and Lee, the only REAL food enhancer is...chocolate. Stay away from the cheese whiz.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote