HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
Kavy

Smile New Update on Kate (Tousled1)

First, I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes for our dear Kate.
I have good news today. Kate might be getting out of the hospital Saturday or Sunday. Her leg is healing fast, her breathing is getting better, but she is still in oxygen 2%. She is almost done with her antibiotic, so the pneumonia looks better too.
Her doctor decided to take her off Tykerb because she has had severe diahrrea since she started the treatment a month ago. She will be back on Herceptin probably next week when she will see her doctor, but she does not know what chemo she will try next, or when she will start.
She is very positive, and ready for the fight. She asked me to tell you that she appreciates all your prayers, and that they are working, she believes in the power of prayers. She said she hopes that soon she will be able to post from home to give you all an update with more details.
Friday will be a busy day for her, because she will be having visitors from out of state (brother and sisters), and one of her daughters from out of state is visiting her for a week too. Kate is very happy to have her there with her, and she said she feels blessed to have the support of her daughters. She will also have a very special visitor today, her grandson Eli, who is her inspiration to keep fighting.
I pray that all of you are doing great. Have a wonderful weekend. May God bless you all.
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote