HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
lynne.risdon

Opinions Sought Relative to Chemo Options

Over the last month I am very grateful for the knowledge and insight this website has provided relative to my diagnosis which is described below.(I am also node negative per a sentinal biopsy which removed 3 nodes) I have seen 5 oncologists and each has estimated the probability of a "reoccurence" at 5% or less. Some state that I am in the "gray area". One has claimed I' m cured and others have stated that a 5% chance of a "reoccurence" is so low that they cannot advocate chemo. However, a few have stated that they would proceed with chemo and Herceptin if it is what I desire. They have informed me that my options are Taxel with Herceptin for 12 weeks followed by Herceptin every 3 weeks or Taxetore,Carboplatum(sp?) and Herceptin every 3 weeks followed by Herceptin every 3 weeks. I do not feel qualified to make this decision and would appreciate any input relative to the chemo choices as well as my DX.

Currently, Dana Farber is recruiting for a Phase 2 clinical trial (NCT00542451)for HER2 node negative early stage tumors that are 3cm or less of IDC. The trial will give 12 weeks of Taxol with Herceptin followed by Herceptin every 3 weeks. Is this a proven approach? The oncologist that I am considering states no and advises me to proceed with the Taxetere,Carboplatum and Herceptin.
Histologic Grade 2/3
architectural pattern: mostly cribriform with lobular cancerization
ER-(0)PR-(0)
12/20/07 Bilateral mastectomy. 2.5cm of DCIS plus Paget's disease of nipple (no additioanl IDC)
Node Negative-3 nodes per sentinel
lynne.risdon is offline   Reply With Quote