HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Sherryg683

Low PET intake?

I finished my PET/CT scans last week and Oncologist told me everything was still great, I was still NED. He showed me the scans on the computer. On the scans, I noticed a red dot on my effected breast. I asked him what that was. He said that the PET was detecting where the surgery had been done, the tumor bed and the surgical staples were and that there was nothing to worry about. He showed me the different colors that the PET puts out that determine whether or not the intake is high or low. Mine was pink, he said which shows it had a low PET intake. The scale went all the way to a maroon color. On the radiologist report, it indicated "low to intermediate PET intake of 2.4 at surgery site, similar to previous scan of 1.4".. CT scan clear. Now this was a different radiologist who read my report than the usual one and he had a lot more stuff on it. On all my other reports it never mentioned a PET intake of 1.4 or anything. I really can't help but worry about this and almost want to ask my oncologist for a biopsy of the area or something. I know that PETs can pick up lots of other things but my surgery was 2 years ago, you wouldn't think it would still be an active area...although it still hurts like crazy. I don't know why I have such a hard time trusting what my Oncologist says, he's a great doctor. I just have a trust issue period. He's moving my scans back to every 6 months now and I just worry that if it is something there, it could spread in 6 months. What do you all think, ever had something similar...sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote