Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Beverly

Question Experience with Herceptin Extravasation

I have been receiving Herceptin for 2+ years during treatment for
my third recurrence. My port has always been positional for giving
blood for testing but okay for infusion of chemo and Herceptin. Yesterday it refused to give or take and port scan was performed, showing a fibrin sheath at distal tip of port and extravasation of contrast fluid in my chest, just under the port. The port is scheduled to be removed Monday morning. What I haven't been able to find out is what the effect of Herceptin in my chest tissues will be. I know that Herceptin does not have tissue damaging effects, but wonder if it has caused changes in that area of my chest that could explain my recent set of symptoms that came out of nowhere.

For last three months, I have been experiencing deep chest pain in area above (collar bone) and around my port, radiating to upper shoulder area. In addition, an unrelenting tiredness and breathlessness with any level of exertion. My oncologist ordered a cardiac and pulmonary workup, which are still in progress, but have shown no cardiac damage, so far. Of course, Herceptin is suspected, because of the length of my treatment, but my recent MUGA is at 65.

I would really like to hear from someone who has experienced extravasation of Herceptin.
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote