HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
Ragini26

Unhappy Ragini, the light of my life is gone.

Dear All,

It is with a desolate heart that I have to tell all of you that my wife, Ragini, passed away last Sunday after a 9-year battle with this disease. She went through virtually every treatment imaginable ranging from chemo to Herceptin, to radiation, to a craniotomy for a brain met, to a trial with Lapatinib. She did not get a single moment's respite during that time, not one period of remission. She fought for her two daughters

In the end, she succumbed to a lung infection which, exacerbated by lung mets, spread so fast that even her huge heart could no longer take the strain. She was having severe pain in her back and legs due to the bone mets in her spine and there were signs of leptomeningeal involvement.
My only solace is that she is no longer suffering.

She used to ask me why even though she had the disease, why she did not have even a 6 month or 1 year respite from the treatment. I couldn't answer her. I sure hope God can, because she is going to ask Him....

You guys were a big part of her support group. I know that when she felt down, she would log on and get together with her sisters. It took away some of the loneliness felt by someone fighting this disease.
My thanks to all of you, and I salute all the breast cancer survivors for your courage.
'Live long and prosper'.

Raj Ramanujam
Ragini26 is offline   Reply With Quote