HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Has The Entire World Lost Its Respect For Others?

I am very disheartened over activities which have taken place on this board over the past few days.

Christine and I receive no personal compensation from the HER2 Support Group. I still have a full time job for the sole purpose of providing medical benefits for Christine and Myself.

In addition to my employment, I also spend at least 30 hours a week maintaining our organization, doing fundraising, preparing for the several breast cancer meetings and symposiums that we attend each year, and numerous other chores for the benefit of our members. We are not under any obligation to maintain these boards or even our organization.
It was because of these activities that I neglected to pay attention to certain activities occuring on these boards.

Other COO's of "non-profit" breast cancer support groups receive anywhere from $90,000 to $300,000 for their services.

I have mentioned on several occasions that we expect members to use the same manners on our message boards as if you were visiting us in our home. All of you have seen my signature, and I meant every word of it. I have always been proud that the users of our website acted as adults and did not participate in infighting as is commonplace on some other boards. Christine and I have always considered all of you to be one big family united in purpose - TO SURVIVE

I will no longer tolerate disrespectful behavior on our message boards. In over 5 years of operations I have only had to delete 2 threads which I considered offensive. Today I am deleting another.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving. I echo Rhonda's post. Not only should we be thankful for this organization, but also for those members who have contributed so much to this organization and are no longer with us.

Rhonda, I'd also like to add Lynn, Hope, Shell, Lu Ann, and Janelle to your list.

A pleasant Thanksgiving to you all and for those who were planning to leave our family - please reconsider.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote