HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Ceesun

Unhappy Mastectomy advice...no reconstruct?

Friends, it seems that tiny 2mm stage DCIS has to go and the tumor board and my onc recommend a mastectomy but my surgeon says he can do another lumpectomy with no radiation since I had it before. This is the same breast, but this new DCIS is now er+ pr+ and her2 negative. My tumor 4 years ago was er-pr- and strongly her2 positive. My onc thinks this is a new cancer, but I thought I read that tumor type can change.....I am thankful that it was so early detected...anyway, I am to see a plastic surgeon next week, but my oncologist says that I may want to wait a while for reconstru ction as it is major surgery again and I have had so many over the years-thyroid for cancer 24 years ago, hysterectomy about 9 years ago, bc and thoracotomy-both left side- with a pulminary embolism in "03 at the time of breast cancer. The lung had no cancer at that time just a hemangioma--but had a lung met last year which is now NED....what do you think? Anyone on the board with no reconstruction and how is it-what have you done??? Please share your thoughts on this. In friendship Cathy aka Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote