HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
Lani

watch out EU and US--clinical trials regulation new hot topic!

on the website for the ECCO european cancer association which is currently meeting there is a reference to a new EU directive (ouch!?) on clinical trials

After the EU directive on MRIs I was hesitant to click on it, for fear of being further outraged.

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT CLINICAL TRIALS NEED TO BE REGULATED DIFFERENTLY and better (although I am sure I don't know a billionth of what I should know about the subject), but hate to see directives handed down from
people who do not have the medical qualifications or background to evaluate things thoughtfully, with money and politics too far in the foreground and not, even necessarily democratically elected. Some countries may feel differently about things, but can't opt out.

Here is something re clinical trials regulation (or lack of it) in the US. I hope professional organisations get together and get their act together so that Washington lobbyists (insurance companies, drug companies, etc)do not
get to dictate something in an area in which experts in the area--researchers doing the research, participating MDs, ALSO nonparticipating MDs, AND NONPARTICIPATING scientists in basic research who are not under the pay/influence of the powers in the area--should be providing leadership and paving the way.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote